After posting last night about how I was having a few off days I instantly felt better. 99% of the time once I actually let my emotions out, I feel a weight lifted off my chest. I slept much better than I have all week (still not amazing, but I will take it!).
Now…how am I going to get back to normal? I have thought really hard about what I should do to get myself back to feeling 100%. Here is what I have come up with…
I, Allie, pledge to:
1. Not look ahead at my calendar. I keep looking at all the things that are coming up (lesson planning, volunteering, activities, etc.) and I keep worrying, when really I should be living in the moment and enjoying life! Things will sort themselves out, I just need to concentrate on the here and now.
4. Eat at least one piece of fresh fruit a day. I have a lot to say about the food here (post coming soon!). The one thing I am really lacking is fresh fruit every day so I am going to go to the market and buy some!
5. Start food journaling! I fell off the bandwagon with this one too when I was sick. It’s time to start writing things down, mostly because it makes me feel so good and gives me a sense of normalcy.
6. Read for at least 20 minutes a day. I brought books (and magazines) but I have not even opened them! Reading calms me down so much; I need to make an effort to read before bed because it usually helps ensure I have a solid sleep!
7. Exercise at least twice a week. I am walking way more than I ever do in my everyday life at home (averaging 1.5-2 hours a day) and I am loving it but I need to start sweating it out more because exercising takes away so much of my anxiety and stresses!
I could come up with many more goals but seven should be good for now! I am going to post on this again next week and see how I am doing with my goals. I need to be held accountable and get my body and my mind back on track!